X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&C Generals

What a crappy game!

Has anyone played this?

The computer AI is just terrible... it seems to be almost 'scripted'. He will only attack if you hit a certain trigger - build a certain building, collect X cash, advance to a particular point on the map. Plus if you destroy any of his key buildings, he makes no effort whatsoever to rebuild them!

I have just completed the game. Every mission i would simply fly over and destroy his uberweapon building... its so easy....

Such a let down

Any opinions?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Re: C&C Generals

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
    Any opinions?
    Nice Avatar

Comment

Nope, havent played it yet, but so far everything i heard was positive

Comment

Sounds like a multiplayer kind of game if I've ever heard one. I betcha you wouldn't be so disappointed if you played it with others.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

C&C Generals was mainly made for Multi-Player, that's where you'll find the most challange...

~Sethos
          "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Paddy, if you haven't done so already, try playing it on the 2nd hardest or hardest level for a challenge.
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I have only played it on normal. Does the AI change?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It changes immensely. The computer plays a totally different game on Brutal.
                Only problem is that it cheats... it can build stuff way faster than humanly possible.
                <font size="-4">User error:
                Replace user and try again.
                System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
                System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
                </font>

Comment

Ahhh, the sign of people that can't code a good AI: breaking the rules.

Reminds me of MarioKart.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Mariokart??? even if you shot to the front of the start line, there were still people ahead of you

Comment

I played a skirmish on brutal... it was hard... i lost I just couldn't keep up with all the men he was sending out.

Comment

Medieval Toal War :

Thats the best RTS I have played in years..... Brilliant blend of strategy, 'history' and tactics.....

Since Total Annhilation with the uber-patch!

RedRed
                        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

C&C: Generals won't runon my PC, since I still have my old Kyro II in it. Westwood has gone seriously downhill since they got bought out by EA. And no, there officially is no more Westwood I dislike EA so very, very much.

RedRed,

The uber-patch???? I'm an old die-hard TA'er, but I haven't played in a while.

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/tauh.htm

I see that its up to version 3.... I hadnt played it (or even had it installed since 1.2 -ish

It was a brilliant game...........

RedRed
                            Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Hmmm... that looks quite cool. Must give it a go!
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X