Mr. Rogers dies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Rogers dies....

Dr. Fred Rogers, Presbyterian minister and host of the PBS childrens program Mr. Rogers Neighborhood since 1968, died this morning the age of 74. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer last January.

Children everywhere, of all ages, will miss his gentle and reassuring voice.

May his truly kind and wonderful soul rest in peace.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 February 2003, 12:27.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

R.I.P

Definitely a sad day. I watched him all through out my childhood. He always made you feel warm and happy

I only hope that there are more people in the world like Mr. Rogers...

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

People like him are a rare breed, which is why this is such a loss. All 4 of my children just loved visiting his neighborhood every day, and they were better off for it.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If this isn't a sign of the Apocalypse, it ought to be.

[edit] My clock radio woke me with the news at 7:00. What a crappy way to start the day...

Kevin

Comment

Used to watch him a lot as a kid too, but this is his time to go now.

Farewell Mr. Rogers.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yes I remember getting home after school in kindergarden, and watching him, those were good days...I'll miss him.

~Sethos
            "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

'Tis a sad, sad day in the neighborhood
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I remember watching him when I was a little kid. Rest in peace, Mr. Rogers

Comment

I remember watching him when his show first started.. I must have been 5 or 6. He was really a voice for decency in this increasingly awful and graceless world and yes, the loss is immeasurable. I feel bad for having used him as a stereotype for blandness, as many have, but his style was absolutely perfect for children, and he was far more than just bland (if that can even be called a fault). He was real, sincere, kind, honest, and worth more to the "neighborhood" than ten thousand Barneys or teletubbies could ever be. He had a sense of duty being on television that almost no one else has had for many years. He knew that people on television reach out to millions of others and can influence them for better or worse, and he was always careful that his influence would be a very good one. If there was a prize for the best human soul produced in the last century, Fred Rogers would probably win it. He will not be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    I remember watching him when his show first started.. I must have been 5 or 6. He was really a voice for decency in this increasingly awful and graceless world and yes, the loss is immeasurable. I feel bad for having used him as a stereotype for blandness, as many have, but his style was absolutely perfect for children, and he was far more than just bland (if that can even be called a fault). He was real, sincere, kind, honest, and worth more to the "neighborhood" than ten thousand Barneys or teletubbies could ever be. He had a sense of duty being on television that almost no one else has had for many years. He knew that people on television reach out to millions of others and can influence them for better or worse, and he was always careful that his influence would be a very good one. If there was a prize for the best human soul produced in the last century, Fred Rogers would probably win it. He will not be forgotten.
                    Agreed. His sincerity and kindness are what made him so easy to listen to. A lot better than the happy go lucky dribble on television today.

Comment

Working...
                    X