• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Soldiers in the gulf order boots from the web

Doesn't say much for our MOD does it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I remember seeing something about the UK's boots being a major problem way back in the Falklands conflict. Pity they haven't done anything about correcting it since

Also: wasn't there a huge problem with the first version of the UK's standard issue riflle jamming and overheating when doing rapid fire?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah,

The boots are a standard issue, the same for all theaters, I heard.... pity that the Gulf and Falklands are such extremes of climates. Aparently the foot-rot caused by the boots in the falklands was not so much the boot, rather it was poor maintainence of the kit.... They are fine in Afghanistan - but a bit poor in Saudi....

The rifles jamming are a fact - but apparently its to do with cold weather and full auto..... (I dont know exactly).

The FN was a better rifle - as many men in South Armagh would testify..... pity it was over 6 feet long! Couldnt be used as an assualt rifle....
      http://www.african-hunter.com/site/f...lrrifle_01.htm
      RedRed
      Last edited by RedRed; 27 February 2003, 16:14.
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Hey, this is in the tradition that produced bright red uniforms for infantry, which were worn as they marched stoically into the teeth of gunfire. There is also the RAF who painted targets on their airplanes as a service to the enemy.
        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 27 February 2003, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          Hey, this is in the tradition that produced bright red uniforms for infantry, which were worn as they marched stoically into the teeth of gunfire. There is also the RAF who painted targets on their airplanes as a service to the enemy.
          LOL. I think that this is probably due to the fact the upper echelons of British society are in fact inbred incompetant morons. It's only because they have such a hold on society that prevents more able people from moving up.

Regards MD
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Yup. The SA80 is horrible. The SAS refuse to use them at all... but apparently a programme of "fixes" has been undertaken so that they all work this time...
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I believe the SA80 is being ditched within a couple of years with the UK looking for its logical successor.

Regards MD
              Interests include:
              Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
                I believe the SA80 is being ditched within a couple of years with the UK looking for its logical successor.

Regards MD
                The SA80.1
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Made by Matrox.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                    Made by Matrox.
                    Will it come with 3 in-built optical sights for surround warfare!
                    Interests include:

Comment

Well, the old bright red uniforms were designed so you couldn't see the blood oozing from your buddies body when he got shot. Supposed to keep people from freaking out in the middle of battle.

I saw a report that the US military got a new style of boot just a few years ago. Supposed to be much more comfortable and usable for all climates and terrains.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

LOL!

Comment

I dont see what the big deal is. I know I never wore my issue boots that I had while in the army because they where the biggest POS you could imange. I loved my Cochain Jump boots and the issue Cold weater/Gotex boots that I had.
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                            Made by Matrox.
                            Coming Soon.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

And with the banding....

Comment

Working...
                              X