Council pays fine over deaths of children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council pays fine over deaths of children

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Seems a bit silly as how the hell does someone in an office no that some dumb Teacher is going to take children river walking in heavy rain when the river is already in flood. Shouldn't the teachers concerned be paying this???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sounds about as stupid as the teachers here who are telling children whose parents are in US reserve units being called to Iraq that their parents are "immoral" and "unethical" by following their callup orders

IMHO that borders on emotional child abuse.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

or the ones that tell their students that people who smoke are horrible people and do not care about them. I use to work with someone who had that happen to them.

Comment

B - 5.25" 1.2MB Floppy

Do you use it?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Does seem that common sense is lacking in law at times. Thats a massive understatement.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]

Do you use it?
            Hehe. No, but I was able to make sure it works but this is with Windows 98. The lawyer my mother works for was getting rid of some old computers less than half a year ago as well as various junk that had buit up over the years. I helped them clear it out and for my minor trouble I got to strip the computers they were getting rid of. Unfortunately they were 486s and 386s but I got a dozen or so backplate covers, five ISA network cards, 5 ISA video cards, and the 5.25" FLoppy Drive. I gave most of the ISA cards to a school but kept two of each, kept the drive, and the backplate covers.

Edit:
            I kept it just in case and I don't feel like paying $5 even for one.

Edit2:
            I get the old Matrox cards from the school as they would just throw them away anyway. I got three Millenium IIs that way.
            Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 28 February 2003, 09:08.

Comment

Can go you one better:

Downstairs I have a dual 8" floppy (1.2 mb DSDD) and tape drive scavanged from an old CAT scanner

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X