Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I put black bars on top and bottom of screen in MS Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I put black bars on top and bottom of screen in MS Pro?

I should probably know how to do this, but have never really needed to until now. I suppose it is done with an video overlay but am not sure what the easiest way would be.

I have an interview of a WWII vet and I screwed up, there is a flower behind him and it looks like it's growing out of his head! Instead of redoing the interview, I just want to make it look widescreen by putting black bars on the top and bottom of the screen to get rid of the flower!

How do I do this?

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Create a 720x480 *.bmp with black bars drawn across it and white in the middle. Save it as a bitmap and load it to an overlay track.

Now open its Overlay Options and opt to use a luma key. Select the white portion between the bars as the keyed color.

Alternatively you can save the bitmap as a *.tga with transparancy and use the alpha channel. If it shows white in the middle and transparant bars top/bottom just check the "Invert overlay area" box.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 February 2003, 13:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, that did it. I guess I just needed a point in the right direction.

Thanks Doc.

-Mark
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X