OSD shaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSD shaking

We've owned different monitors over the years but none of them had this problem

We have 2 (19" G420 & 21" F520) Sony monitors and on both the OSD shakes & waves very visibly even from a distance

Has anyone noticed this or am I being too fussy as the display image & everything is fine?

Thanks

I own a sony 19" E400, my dad has the 19" G400, on both of them the osd is fine. try changing the osd position, maybe that helps.

Comment

Have you tried degausing ?
      The OSD flickers when the monitor is showing an out of range signal (on my Philips Brilliance), but perhaps it also wavers with certain refresh rates ?

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

thanks for the replies, I've tried changing the osd position and degausing several times before and it hasn't made a difference

I'm running 1280x1024@85Hz & 1600x1200@85Hz respectively so the monitors are not stressed at all

thing is, that the shaking and waving isn't constant it varies but never eliminates completely

it's only annoying when you press any buttons on the monitor and a menu or even "INPUT1" or "STANDARD" picture effect comes up, guess you can't have everything

Comment

Consider yourself lucky, we had an old Belinea 17" screen once that started emitting a very high pitched and extremly annoying noise, which wasnt very loud, but because of the pitch you could hear it above everything else. Not even beating the monitor helped

Comment

Does the desktop shimmer as well????
            What happens when you change frequency.
            Last edited by The PIT; 25 February 2003, 14:19.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X