Frozen pipes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen pipes!

Stupid water, 3 degrees (-16c) isn't THAT cold, is it?

6.8c and no sign of frozen pipes here and not much chance of it happening.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

+6.8c? That's tee-shirt and shorts weather here!

Comment

It was last Friday afternoon. The day before just above freezing.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

frozen pipes is iritating.....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Turns out it's not just the pipes in my apartment, it's everyone in this "quadplex" (it's very old WW2 military housing for the Boeing plant here in town.) As of 5:00am the water was working, but at noon is wasn't. Funny thing is, it's been colder and it's never been a problem, not sure what the deal is.

Comment

every year Something happens to require my presence in the local laundermat, usually this is frozen pipes, however this year it was a bit more interesting... the drum of the wash machine had it's gasket and belt give way at the same time. The repair guy's words "I've never seen this happen before" (we hear that far to much...)

~Sethos
              "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

24° C here yesterday, in the sunlight.
                6° C here yesterdy, if doing a couple of steps right into the shadows.

Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Ugh, and the high temperature isn't supposed to creep over 0c until friday. The high for today is supposed to be -10c, but it's not gonna make it up to there, the low -18c, probably will be colder.

Comment

Woot, they fixed it... back to modern civilization, running water!

Comment

Working...
                    X