Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching HSF to Parhelia

Hi all,

Just a simple question. How do you guys attach the HSF to Parhelia?

I've been thinking of using GT98's super glue method, but the HSF I'm gonna use is heavier (2x) than Cooljag, so I'm not sure whether a drop each corner is enough. And, should that drop of super glue on top of AS3?

Okay I could use thermal epoxy... but who knows, I might RMA my Parhelia one day... now what about this, a drop (or small area) of thermal epoxy on each corner?

Anyway cable-tie is a must

Please enlighten me.

Thanks.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

offcourse the superglue must contact both the chip (heatspreader) and the heatsink. AS3 in between results in a heatsink falling onto your PCI cards.

Comment

Sorry I should have used the word "mixed with" instead of "on top of".
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

It usually doesn't mix very well. Just keep a small triangular area in each corner (so the AS forms an octagon ) free of the AS and put the glue on there.
        -Slougi

Comment

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/produ...heragrip.shtml
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

What... tapes... in that case I'd rather stick to original HSF?

Anyone wants to comment on thermal epoxy on corners instead of super glue? Anyone? Please?

Comment

Well, super glue brings u the same goal at a cheaper cost.
              But I wonder if it works on chip surface, super glue doesn't work on many kind of smooth surface. And one of its side effects is that it will leave a white film on the surface aroound, which will bring u a hard time to remove, may void the warranty.
              Anyway if u are no cared about warranty, I think super glue is better to try.

Comment

I already have AS epoxy, would it be better than superglue?

Comment

How do you take the bolts off anyway?

Comment

Working...
                  X