G400DH & G450DH! Tv out issue's :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400DH & G450DH! Tv out issue's :(

Why would my old G400DH have better output to tv than my newer G450DH?

the G400 runs sweet! i can have the desktop on the tv and can run mame or other console emulated programs without loosing a frame.... but the G450 keeps dropping the odd frame? its nowhere near the older card for speed/smoothness?

these cards have been tested in two amd setups and one intel p3! its the same results all round... even with 98se up to XP with every last driver update from matrox...

G400 had an external Maven chip that handles the TV out scaling in hardware. G450 did not have that chip, and scaling is done in software.

Of all the G cards, G400 was the best for TVout.
    Of all the G cards, G400 was the best for almost everything.
    It's the reason I still run a G400 in my kids PC, and my G450 and G550 have been passed on...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Argghhh! i had another g400 ages ago but it died one of the ram chips had a bent pin/leg and over time it killed it! sods law ment i never noticed it until it was too late

i thought the g450 was better! im going to hunt for a g400 and pass on the 450!

thanx for the reply

Comment

I've just sold my G450 for a G400 MAX .......... its faster and the tv-out is better for the same money I got from selling the G450.

Comment

Working...
        X