Nice Gigabyte G-Bay board!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Gigabyte G-Bay board!!

When I buy motherboard I dont usually consider Gigabyte.
    But not after I saw this

Dual power supply dual bios
    Looks very seductive although a bit expensive.

EDIT:
    Sorry I don't mean N-force I mean G-bay
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Exquisite board with a price to match, around 270$ here.
    And they've also done a nice job with their 845PE boards.

Comment

Looks nice!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I have seen one... I must have one...Maybe I'll change my gaming machine's specifications...

But, for a LOT less, you can get the GA8PE667U2 which has all of the add-ons just no AGP8X, or Dual Channel DDR.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

But the GA8PE667 is not really Granite Bay man!
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Hey! that's why it's called that way!

Anyway, GB is not what you think it is...or rather, it is. Overpriced, over-late. It will perform better than a 845PE in some circumstances, but generally it's not worth the money.

Comment

I agree but GB is way cooler than PE... although I bought the PE for the sake of price/performance...

Comment

I got a GA-8INXP for 210 dollars. Nice board, but I'm having that AGP issue with my AIW 9700...
                System Specs:
                Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Only problem I have is that two of the three Gigabyte boards I've bought in the last 2 years are now DOA.

One fried a trace next to the first DDR socket (took out 512mb of ram with it) and the other just stopped working. All attempts at resurrection have failed.

One was a GA-7VRX (testing the KT-333 for improvements...there were none) and the other was a GA-7DX+ (AMD 761).

Dr. Mordrid
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The new gen Gigabyte is not the much same as last gen I think.

Comment

plus the dual power supply thing hasn't been shown to do any good...
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Gigabyte, Abit, then are one and the same

(hey, they are all binary digit units )

Comment

What about Asus and Ecs then?
                          A*us and A*s ...

Okay its a bad joke

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                            Gigabyte, Abit, then are one and the same

(hey, they are all binary digit units )
                            Huh?

I really like the "Color coded front panel pin design" Very nice touch.

Comment

You seem to attract Bad Luck, Doc Mordrid: I've had One Gigabyte board actually go "bad" out of all I have worked with - there are two well and truly dead ones on my wall, but they came from the same customer ID10T Error - the moron bent one of the I/O shield's tabs when installing a new board and grounded out a contact on the bottom of the board, then he reinstalled the old one without correcting the problem.

Short history: started with a GA586TX3 in 1997 moved to a Gigabyte GA686BXC (Built a BUNCH [6 or 7 for family and friends four years ago] of machines on that board - the is where I found the one that had a flaky Fan header, but the board was fine otherwise), then a GA686BXE, then a BX2000, then a BX2000+. The BX2000+ I'm still using to this day. There are a few non-Intel boards as well: a GA5-SMM (My Daughter's machine), and two GA7-DXR+ built up for my Cousins. (Yes, I like Gigabyte boards.) One of the reasons I like them is that they stilll issue and support BIOS updates long after their products are discontinued. 5 years is the expected BIOS support update schedule.

Abit, on the other hand (...and to kick the cat around a little more...), will only issue BIOS updates if there is something that desperately needs fixing, and even then, only for a year or so - two at most. Any after that will be "beta" only.

Asus support is great, if you have one of the boards they seem to like to support. There are a few boards they seem to treat as illegitimate children, and never seem to update their BIOS or Firmware problems not withstanding, others are lavished with little tweaks and minor bug fixes that make their boards justly famous for rock solid performance.
                              Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                              X