Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400DH and Millennium PCI together in one comuter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400DH and Millennium PCI together in one comuter?

Hi,

I think that I abandoned the idea of over clocking secondary RAMDAC (I might srew up something, since nobody else tried it) in order to get higher refresh rates on my secondary monitor.

The best that I could do is to tweak the resolutions to 1200 X 900, that gave me desired 85Hz on both monitors, but I got excessive moiré too...

Some other idea sprung to my mind.
    What about old PCI Millennium or Millennium II - I can buy them for some 10-20$.

Can I use them to drive my secondary monitor?

This way I could use even higher resolutions at 85Hz - maybe 1400 X 1050.
    I could also have TV out cable permanently attached to my G400, so I don't have to fiddle behind my computer every time I want to watch some DivX on my TV.
    Three monitors? Some sort of poor man's Parhelia

If this combination is possible, how does old Millennium/Millennium II compare to secondary G400's output performance wise?

What about drivers? I will be running both WIN XP professional SP1 and WIN2000 SP3 on my new computer - now I use WIN98SE and WIN2000 SP3 in dual boot configuration.
    Will I have two versions of Power Desktop, old and new?
    I saw mentions of some "unified drivers", what are those?

Will PD Resolution Manager or Matrox Tweak Utility allow me to set custom resolutions for Millennium card.

I'm sorry if I'm bothering everyone here with so many questions in such short time...

Thanks,

Aleksandar

The G400's second head is completely unaccelerated in some circumstances (I forget which), so you may find that performance is actually improved. Or maybe not - PCI vs. AGP.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

i dunno but if u use a G450PCI i think u don't need to worry about drivers.

Probably a G200PCI can do it too.

AFAIK the Millennium IIs don't use the same driver sets as the G-cards

Comment

Working...
      X