compiling XFree86 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compiling XFree86 problem

I'm finally getting around to installing xfree86 on my linux from scratch. When compiling I get this error:

installing in lib/GL/GL...
    make[4]: Entering directory '/usr/src/xc/lib/GL/GL
    make[4]: *** No rule to make target '../../../lib/GL/glx/?*.o', needed by 'libGI.a'. Stop.
    make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/xc/lib/GL/GL'
    make[3]: *** [install] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/xc/lib/GL'
    and so on until it gets back to /usr/src/xc

I'm using 4.2.0 sources patched to 4.2.1 and the host.def file from http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org only modified to take out drivers I don't need.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Are you using make World?
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

After some more searching last night I found out that a few xfree86 files have errors in them. Bison < 1.5 only gives warnings while 1.5+ give errors. So I found a patch file and that solved everything.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Good. You know, 4.3.0 is due out in a week or so, so you're getting some practice for that
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I was thinking about using an unstable release cause I'm using 2.5.59 for the kernel. Although if they will be releasing 4.3.0 soon, I should just wait. On to compile GNOME!

Comment

Working...
          X