Newbee needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee needs help!

I put together an Intel D845GERG2 mobo, 2 WD 120 Gb 7200, 1 Gb RAM with a 2.53Ghz P4, Sony DRU 500AX. What video capture card should I add to be able to record shows from satelite signal (DirectTv). AIW cards...I tend to say no. What else; you guys are talking analog cards here... can you help me?

If you want simple and already have editing software how about a Canopus ADVC-100?

It's an external box that connects to the computer by an IEEE-1394 cable, but does analog I/O (either composite or S-Video).

Between it and a cheap IEEE-1394 card in the computer you can capture/export any which-way but loose. ~$299.

IF you want to go a bit more expensive, but with much more power, you can go with the Matrox RT.X10 or RT.X100 editing cards.

They have both analog (composite and S-Video) and IEEE-1394 I/0 from within their own software, and with a patch available from Matrox's site can capture analog using capture tools like AVI_IO or VirtualDUB, two very popular analog capture tools.

RT.X10 runs about $500 while the RT.X100 is about $999, but they both come with full versions of Adobe Premiere 6.5. RT.X100 is by far the most powerful of the two.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 February 2003, 01:05.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X