CTHelper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTHelper

What is that for? Im asking because it sometimes causes problems by hogging all my cpu power in winXP pro. Can i just remove it from the autostart?

Creative Labs ?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

so it seems
      I usually remove it from startup

Comment

Yes, it's Creative... It's (probably) some kind of helper app for WinDVD. If you don't use WinDVD, feel free to remove it. Shouldn't have too much effect, although it may also affect some speaker settings elsewhere.

Edit: The place where I usually go to find out about Creative's bloatware is Creative's European support forums at http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...ms/welcome.asp. Go to "Search" (NOT the big one at the top of the page, but the small link below the password box) and enter the app name as the string to search for.
        Last edited by Tempest; 20 February 2003, 11:21.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Yes, this is definitely a big ugly piece of poop from Creative.

I'm not even sure it really does much for WinDVD. Probably some quick-n-dirty AC3 downmix override or some such. Bleh.

The only thing by Creative that runs in my startup is the volume slider.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, the Surround Mixer is pretty useful in the SysTray, but that's about it.
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
              X