Sorta frustrating. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta frustrating. . .

. . .how Matrox doesn't say anything about the development of new cards or when we may see them. I am building a new pc soon and am going to buy a Matrox card. It will be a P unless they are coming out with something new within the next 6 months. I'll use my Kyro 2 until then if that is the case. Anyone give any hints?

Is there any reason for the silence? Doesn't it pay to tell people about your soon to come product? Do you feel frustrated as well or am I nuts?
    My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

To be honest if they come out with anything it will be a variation of the Parhelia and probably slower than the existing version.

Comment

Silence about new product developement is at times a marketing strategy.. Just look at your post... If you had info about a new product you'd delay a purchase, that is never good for a company trying to make money...
      Releasing info on soon to be product can be good by making a person concidering a competitors product delay, but I suppose that is harder to pull off...

My opinion is like 3dfx, I don't think they'll release another "high-end" product anytime soon
      1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

and we are all forgeting "SOON" is Matrox's Marketing mantra
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
        X