Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 boot failure troubleshooting

greetings from New Yawk...

the G400 card in our RT2000 package fails to boot - we get the one long beep, followed by two short ones (fairly definitive sign)

system: ABit RT7 w/TBird, latest BIOS & drivers for everything

what's puzzling is that both my old Matrox G100 and a SpeedstarPro 200 will boot in this mobo, and Windows 98SE is happy at any video setting

sure, the fit of this AGP card is a bit tight, but close inspection when carefully and fully inserted shows good alignment of the card edge and mobo connector pins

any ideas?

many thanks to those offering the help and expertise here!

No messing about here, sounds like the G400 or the AGP connection is dodgy.

At first opportunity, call (or email) Matrox customer support and report this. My guess is that they'll run a few questions past you to make sure you didn't screw up and then offer a replacement toot-sweet. I'm sure that you'll get a real quick response !

Hey, give my love to the Twin Towers willya ? Seems like half a lifetime since I had my hand stitched up by a doctor up there. Come to think of it, it WAS half a lifetime ago....

Comment

Play around with your agp aperature size. I have mine set to 256m.

Ciao

Comment

(correction: the Abit board is the KT7 RAID version ... I got "RT" on my mind, as I've gotta make my video producer partner, who paid for this wonderful toy, think that it'll provide some return on his investment at some point)

This_Idiot-
        many thanks for your response, and the encouraging words about a quick response from Matrox about this (by the way, there's been some settling of the bedrock under the taller tower, so they're both the same height now

ciao, Gino-
        thanks for your suggestion, but that BIOS setting has been made to 256, as directed in both the quick start sheets and the bound manual

I'm puzzled by the gross discrepancy between the quick start, which instructs inserting just the G400 first, and the bound RT manual, which says put both the G400 and the RT codec card in at the same time (which I've yet to try)

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X