Boy this is screwed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy this is screwed up

I was over at Codemasters Website to find out when the Release date is for Colin MacRae Rally 3 for the Xbox in the US. I went over their Forums and Read this thread:

Can my computer run this game? How do I update my game? Get answers to your questions and join the Battlefield, EA SPORTS FC, Madden, Mass Effect, EA app, F1, Star Wars or The Sims communities.

It looks like Codemasters is forcing you to call their Cheatlines to get the cheat codes to unlock the other cars in the game....thats pretty daft of them.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

And you have to pay extra for them. What the heck are they thinking?

Comment

I was waiting for this game too. Now I am debating.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Are you guys serious??? You are really upset because you can't cheat? Amazing! Call me crazy, but cheating = a waste of money on the game I bought + the dis-satisfaction of figuring out myself.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Ok so one guy cals and asks them fore thr cofes and then puts the instructions out on the net! What the F are you complaining about I'm sure the codes will be out before the game is relesed!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

If I got it right the deal is this: Each CMR3 CD comes with a "bonus code". You need this "bonus code" when you call their cheats hotline, because each "bonus code" has its own cheat codes (the cheat codes are probably generated from the "bonus code" using some mathematical algorithm). So even if someone published his cheat codes, they will only do good for those people whose CD has the same "bonus code".

So the people that either a) are too lazy to play, b) are simply not good enough to win OR c) want codes for features that cannot be unlocked by completing parts of the game NEED to call the cheat hotline to unlock those features.

Nyah, someone good at stuff like that will probably throw together a cheatcode generator in no time... Or maybe Codemasters will publish one online as soon as the biggest CMR3 hystery is over. And who needs to drive a tank/fighter jet/hovercraft in a rally game anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
              Are you guys serious??? You are really upset because you can't cheat? Amazing! Call me crazy, but cheating = a waste of money on the game I bought + the dis-satisfaction of figuring out myself.

Dave
              I find cheats are only needed if your stuck, but stuck good and can't get out. Otherwise I find it ruins a game.

Hypothetically speaking here: What if you discover a cheat on your own? Then are you tempted to use it or disregard it?
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I remember the hints you used to get for the Monkey Island series. Nice!

I don't see the point in these 'press F2 and win' scenarios.
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                  I find cheats are only needed if your stuck, but stuck good and can't get out. Otherwise I find it ruins a game.

Hypothetically speaking here: What if you discover a cheat on your own? Then are you tempted to use it or disregard it?
                  I am never tempted to cheat no matter the situation.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Dave
                    Looks like you didn't read people's links Dave. It's not about "cheating" as much as "unlocking." It used to be that if you did really well in games like this, you gained access to new cars/guns/characters(MK3 comes to mind).

Now, they want $$$.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                      Ok so one guy cals and asks them fore thr cofes and then puts the instructions out on the net! What the F are you complaining about I'm sure the codes will be out before the game is relesed!
                      exactly.

Comment

Dave

Nope, couldn't care less about the cheat codes. I was reffering to the link to codemaster forums. Reading the info from their forums, it seems the game is not very good. The thing that made CMR2 so good, was the physics. People are saying they dumbed the game down so bad everyone went back to CMR 2.

Guess I will wait for the reviews before I get it.
                        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                          Nope, couldn't care less about the cheat codes. I was reffering to the link to codemaster forums. Reading the info from their forums, it seems the game is not very good. The thing that made CMR2 so good, was the physics. People are saying they dumbed the game down so bad everyone went back to CMR 2.

Guess I will wait for the reviews before I get it.
                          My experience of CMR2 is that it used about the same physics as CMR1, it was mostly graphics that was updated. I never liked CMR2 because of its lack of a realistic physics.

Rally Masters and Rally Throphy have much more realistic feel in them.

I guess CMR3 is another of these stupid consol racing game that seems the be the trend of last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel
                            I never liked CMR2 because of its lack of a realistic physics.
                            You're right there, I set some of the fastest CMR2 times around here, but I always hated the physics. You can save the car from pretty much any situation, the controls feel like you're turning the car via some axle stuck through the roof of the car, there's no real over- or understeer, and after any yumps the car is just sucked back onto the ground

Comment

LOL...didn't someone just argue the opposite with me in Zokes's "which games do you recc" thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X