Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you back up a project in DVD Workshop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you back up a project in DVD Workshop?

I like to back up my DVD Workshop projects so that if I need to, I can edit them later.

I thought if I just saved the entire directory I created for the project I could later reload it and relink the files. The problem is that for some projects this works and others it doesn't. I can't seem to find a difference in how I saved the ones in which it works and the ones in which it doesn't.

If I load the archived project and "relink" the files, on some projects the individual chapter will be lost. On other projects they'll come back.

Anyone notice this or have an suggestions or tips for reliably archiving Ulead DVD Workshop projects?

-Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

AFAIK DVDWS doesn't have a "Package" function like MSPro does.

"Package" moves everything in a project into a single folder for backing up. I use it all the time for viideo projects.

Sounds like a good suggestion for the next build....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Curious, do you have "smart link" checked under preferences?

I had some weird behavior when relinking files after changing my computer's configuration, though I attributed it to not relinking to all the original files. Darned if I can't remember if I had smart link on or off.... I was able to restore the complete project, but I had to re-select the replacement audio files..

Ted
      Premiere PRO XP Pro
      Asus P4s533
      P4-2.8
      Matrox G450
      RT.x100
      45 GIG System Drive
      120 Export Drive
      Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
      17" P4-3 HT
      1024 RAM
      32 MEG GForce
      60 GIG 7200RPM HD
      80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
      DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Sometimes the chapters will relink and for some archived and reloaded projects they will not. I've tried enabling "relink" in preferences.
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Well...I sent the Package feature suggestion off to Ulead last night. Cross your fingers...

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks Doc. I have three other suggestions that I've logged while working with DVD Workshop. Here they are:

1. Under Menu>Button>Frame Presets

Add the ability to right click on the frame preset once it is placed on the thumbnail in the menu so that you can adjust the thickness of the frame border AND, more importantly, the location of each of the four sides of the frame. As you know, when working with analog captures, due to overscan, there will be some erronious scanlines at the around the image (usually at the bottom or sides). By adjusting this frame border you could effectively cover up this overscan.

2. Under Menu>Menu>Motion Menu

In the drop down box for "Motion Menu," add and option to loop the motion menu video with an audio and video crossfade. Optionally, a variable crossfade time could be added.

3. Menu>Menu

Add another dialog box to select the menu to selected video transition effect. i.e. a crossfade or page turn from the selected menu page to the video to be played.

As I stated above, these are functions I could have used while authoring my projects.

-Mark
            - Mark

Comment

Working...
            X