Half-Life: Counter-Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life: Counter-Strike

To all of you who are running Counter-Strike in a constant FPS above 30; What are your system specs?

GeForce 3

In all seriousness, my system was one that ran HL piss-poor with a Parhelia. Specs below.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Maybe I should add: with a matrox card.

Comment

looks like u started a thread already.

for cs, i'm easily getting 60fps + i'm running 1024x768x16, no FAA. I had a 1.3ghz athlon, just got a new one xp2100 but haven't tested games on it yet. i got 512ddr 333 on epox 8k3a+ mobo.

for grandtheft auto 3 u asked about in the closed thread, my specs are as above, here are the in game settings, on that i'm getting ~30fps, pretty smooth constantly:

draw distance at half mark on the blocks graph.
        frame sync: off
        frame limiter on
        trails off (cause they are annoying)
        screen resolution 1024x768x16
        with FAA on.

Comment

Originally posted by crow8k3a
          for cs, i'm easily getting 60fps + i'm running 1024x768x16, no FAA. I had a 1.3ghz athlon, just got a new one xp2100 but haven't tested games on it yet. i got 512ddr 333 on epox 8k3a+ mobo.
          Do you get 60+ FPS all the time? I get ~60FPS too, when I'm alone on the map.

for grandtheft auto 3 u asked about in the closed thread, my specs are as above, here are the in game settings, on that i'm getting ~30fps, pretty smooth constantly:

draw distance at half mark on the blocks graph.
          frame sync: off
          frame limiter on
          trails off (cause they are annoying)
          screen resolution 1024x768x16
          with FAA on.
          I don't have GTA3 installed at the moment, but now I just have to install it and see how well it runs. AFAIK I was playing it in ~20FPS in 800x600 without FAA. To be frank, none of the games I play works with FAA. Maybe it's a great feature, but I've never been able to use it.

Comment

there is something amiss if you cant run it above 20fps w/ an athlon 1800 512ram w/out faa, when i can run it w/ faa at 1024.

not sure what it is. put your settings same as mine and check it out.

w/ cs, i play on servers w/ lots of people and i never run any speed issues w/ the framerate dropping low. I'm able to play competitively w/ anyone that has a gefrorce 4 or radeon 9700. I'd be hardpressed if i could determine an increase in speed from my currrent setup w/ P in cs.

Comment

Just wondering...
              Is this AthlonMP that Albatorsk has supposed to be as fast as the normal AthlonXP?

Comment

I don't think the difference is even measurable.

Comment

crow did I read that right? You're running both games in 16bit colour?
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I don't have a Matrox card in my main system, but I used to get decent FPS (40 - 60) in CS. I really have a problem with NS though (HL mod). FPS drops as low as 10 when I'm in commander mode. 20 - 40 outside the comm chair depending on what's on the screen. I only see 60 in the ready room. I think NS was where Wombat was having problems as well.

System is a P3-750, 512MB RAM, Radeon 7500.

Comment

99 FPS constant with my Radeon 9700 ..hehe and I'm talkin about NS with my 1600 xP , though I get a constant 35-40 fps with my parhelia.
                      Last edited by 3dfx; 18 February 2003, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dfx
                        99 FPS constant with my Radeon 9700 ..hehe and I'm talkin about NS with my 1600 xP , though I get a constant 35-40 fps constant.
                        Uhm, I don't quite understand what you mean. Please elaborate.

Comment

Missed out the word Parhelia ..lol

Comment

yah there are a few options i never use, just because i really can't tell much difference when the screen is moving.

those two thihngs are 32bit color and Antistropic filtering.

plust it gives you a performance increase, so i take the performance increase over negligable quality, however i like AA or FAA, so whenever possible i have that on. u cuold try running your games at 16bit color and see if u notice a difference.

Comment

Trust me run HL in 16 bit, as there is no real quality gain. It just hit's your performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X