nForce2 and Sound Blaster Audigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nForce2 and Sound Blaster Audigy

Seems like these two fellow have something against each other. Bougth myself an nForce2 board but I cannot get the sound to work with my audigy card

Tried to swap pci slots but that didn't change. This is an driver issue, nVidia have release 2.03 drivers for nForce which is supposed to fix some audio issues, and the poor creative have also released som drivers for audigy 2 which fixes gameport/nForce probs.

Anyone found a sollution for this conflict?
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Isn't the onboard sound at a similar level to the audigy?
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Only the high end nForce2 boards offer good sound. The lower end models often offer sound with some lowly codec chip, and with no digital outputs offcourse.

Comment

That's true. The Epox 8RDA which I use have only 2-channel audio. And I'm not impressed at all.
        My system:
        | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

I think the main difference between the highend nforce2 sound and the audigy is the cpu load, which is a little bit better (less cpu load) on the audigy, there was a comparison somewhere. Might be that it was between nforce2 and audigy2

Comment

My Leadtek board has "Built-in NVIDIA SoundStorm Audio with Dolby Digital 5.1 Encoding , SPDIF Digital output and 6-channel speakers support". The sound is much better than my old Live! before. I've heard that NForce2's sound is comparable with Audigy 1.
            MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
            AMD Athlon 64 3200
            1024 MB PC3200 RAM
            WD 160 GB HDD
            2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
            ATI 9500 64 Videocard
            Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
            Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
            Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

The onboard audio on NForce falls between Live and Audigy for music and around Audigy1 level for gaming....

The one application where it REALLY shines is realtime AC3 encoding...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

OFF TOPIC...
                My system:

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

My friend had some major Nforce (2.1) and Audigy 2 issues...he could never get the sound to work properly. Of course, I blame creative. :-)

Comment

Hmmmmmm, Creative Support just told me to install SP3 Why do I sense that it won't solve the problem. Who uses Super spy 3 anyway?
                    My system:

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Working...
                    X