Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knackered.

Amazing how time flies.

Get up around 7.30 Cook breakfast and sling the washing in.
    Now 8.30 wash up and record the weather.
    Around 9 ish put recharged battery back in the car and go shopping.
    Discover workmen haven't worked out the correct timing period of the traffic lights and find myself facing a Bus trying to drive through all the traffic coming from the other way. He can't and has to wait. This means I won't be able to drive back home this way.

Do the shopping drive half the way round the block to drop the shopping off. Now around ten.
    Have a quick coffee. Go out again to get a post for my weather equipment and a new Battery for the car.
    Batteries damn exspensive for some reason I decide to check out the Renualt Dealer.
    Drop Birthday card off for my sister and drive down to the dealer.
    Batteries ten pound cheaper there but they haven't in stop. But a branch in Rotherham has not far away.
    Drive over to Rotherham and also manage to buy a new near side rear light cluster that some nice sod had broken a while back. Drive home now 12.45.
    Start cooking dinner swap battery over while oven warms up and hammer the post in the ground. The oven chips refuse to cook taking 40 minutes instead of 15 Could have made my own quicker.
    Eat dinner wash up and re-locate the Weather temperature sensors. Now 2.30.
    Take Car out starts striaght away with the new Battery not like the old one and have a quick drive through the peak district. Now 4.30.
    Thats one good days holiday isn't and although cold it's a nice day but now I'm knackered.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Up at 7am, work by 8am
    set up and finish prepping 20 PC's.
    1pm, lunch
    2pm, problem in shop, go repair.
    4.30pm, after all that, couldn't do sod, so had it brought back.
    Complete setting up PC's, boxing them, and taping destination sheets to them all. (4box/PC).
    Image 4 more PC's, cos we need to get ahead, there are another 30 to do this week.
    by this time, its 7.30pm. finally shut up the boss, and go home.

Its not always like this, just 6 months of the year. the rest of the time, i am f"*ing bored out of my skull, thinking of something to do....
    (Systems Engineer)
    Over 1000 PC's installed in 500+ Large/Medium supermarkets.

There are the 2 of us (myself and collegue) to take care of them.
    Wea are now installing another 300-1000 machines. To replace 125 of them. Sorted.
    As long as the money flows, we'll hack it for a bit longer...

GoodNight, it starts again tomorrow....
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
    X