Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server being patched

The Good:
    Due to the UT2K3 exploit, the server will be receiving a major update in the next few days. It will receive a fresh install and will have the 2199 patch applied.

The Bad:
    After the update is done and before the ugly, for me, part, the game may not be running, as it has been & all that WebAdmin access I've given out, thus far, will not work

And.......The Ugly:
    I have to upload 160MB all over again

Status Report

At this moment in time the server is not running. I've taken it upon myself, to do the server update to version 2199 and I'm having issues with MapVote locking up the server. There have been 2 updates to Mapvote in the last 24 hours. This makes fixing tough because I have to wait for my host to modify the FireDaemon parameters. Hopefully the next one will have everything running up to snuff. If problems still exist I'll have them remove Mapvote from the startup parameters, temporarily, so we can have some good fragging this weekend.
    I'm crossing my fingers that all will be well by then.

In other news, this is a email that I received from them today:

That last 2 days have been very frustrating to say the least As many of you know our network was down off and on over the last 2 days. Verio determined it was indeed a DOS (Denial of Service) attack. We share the same network as competitor and they were hit with a similar attack at the same time.

We do not know who organized this attack and may never know, but the nature of it points to a competitor. These attacks are very hard to trace since hackers use 100s of compromised servers on the internet to orchestrate such an attack. Verio has put filters on our router to help prevent such attacks in the future.

I would like to express my appreciation for the many supporters of WickedServers.com and their patients while we isolated and blocked the attack.

Best Regards,............

That sure sucks.

Comment

It's fixed

It's Fixed

Now go frag someone

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X