3DMark03, cheat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark03, cheat!

While I was fooling around with the latest and greatest from FutureMark, I stumbled upon a bug which can really open the gates of cheating if it isn't fixed pronto. Here's the steps to reproduce it :

1) Set your 3D card at default clock with your favourite overclocking utility
    2) Open 3D Mark 2003
    3) Start benchmarking, then press Escape so that benchmarking can't finish.
    4) Now open your favourite 3D card overclocker again and overclock it like there's no tomorrow
    5) Benchmark again, but this time let the benchmark finish
    6) Publish your score to the Online Browser for the world to see

If you look carefully, you will see that the 3D Card clock that is being reported is the one you had when you started 3D Mark, and not the actual overclocked values that you used. So it seems that 3D Mark checks for the clock when it starts and NOT when it benchmarks! As you can easily realize, unless this flaw is patched, there is no way you can tell whether the scores you see are coming from overclocked cards or not. I guess FutureMark should move swiftly now and patch this version ASAP.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

LOL! This 3DMark stuff is to silly......
    Ohh.. I have higher 3DMark score than you....

This must be nice for the nVidiots & fanATIcs.... when every frame counts!

Comment

In short, 3DMark03 detects clock speed when the program starts up, not when benchmarking.

I have used this before and I see no advantages or disadvantages in doing so...
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Working...
      X