Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper annoying link

Do NOT click THIS LINK!!!

Seriously, I wouldn't hit it if you don't feel taking the chance on having to reset your computer, and you probably don't want to have the volume up too horribly loud either. It's perfectly safe to click though... no harm will become of you or your computer, and it's family safe.

LOL
    That's an interesting twist and MEAN.

I wouldn't click on it, if you have anything important open.
    I was ALT+F4ing like a madman.

Comment

btw, somebody sent that link to my son. If you hit ctrl-alt-del and then kill off IE, your problems will go away

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Good to have popup killer in Opera...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

After struggling with ALT-F4 for a moment I gave the ole three finger salute and it cleared it all out the same way as Helevitia. Left a big pile of those wierd empty window button things in the task bar though... anyone know what causes that on Win98?

Comment

HAHA! I just realized that ZoneAlarm Pro prevents anything after the first window from coming up I love the ad blockers in ZA

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You can just right-click on the taskbar button and select close. Works like a charm.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Another example where Opera makes me feel like the computer god I ain't

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Phoenix does prevent unwanted popup windows as well. Only those sites can open such windows for which you have specifically allowed it.

BTW, welcome back.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Thank you

I have Opera set to allow popups, but when I stumble upon such a popup-fest I just hit F12, click "refuse popups" and hold ctrl+w until all annoying windows have gone away, then F12 - allow popups. Sounds alot more bothersome than it really is.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<alt> F4 with Mozilla works fiine (on Red Hat 8....)

Really good link though.....

RedRed
                      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

popup? what's a popup?

(happy Opera user)
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                        X