X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the next card?

Any info from matrox employee?

Spec and rumors??

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It's gonna be based on the Parhelia, clock speed will be tweaked a bit (read: down to 25 MHz,) memory data bus width will be adusted to be more effective (read: with an 8 bit bus it's hard to underutilize,) will support a wide variety of motherboards (read: comes in PCI and ISA versions.)
      Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 18 February 2003, 09:45.

Comment

It heard rumours that it will come in three different flavours: strawberry, cherry and raspberry.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Ahh yes, Matrox will be very good at giving users the raspberry.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

While we're at it, what happened to VigilANT???
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

VA is still being held for interogation by the Matrox police.

My crystal ball tells me that sundog is going to be announced around aprilish and wouldn't get my hopes up on that thing if you're into gaming. From what I heard, everything will be cut in half but will be still expensive for what it is.

CI

Comment

LOL
                From what I heard, everything will be cut in half but will be still expensive for what it is.
                Ahh history is repeating itself.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Moved to the Crystal Ball forum.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hope they don't torture him to much....

Tell us what you know about P2 or else......

Comment

Matrox Police Notice:

WANTED

1) VIGILANT
                      2) CHEIF_INSPECTOR

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        It's gonna be based on the Parhelia, clock speed will be tweaked a bit (read: 25 MHz,) memory data bus width will be adusted to be more effective (read: with an 8 bit bus it's hard to underutilize,) will support a wide variety of motherboards (read: comes in PCI and ISA versions.)
                        So you mean it will be clocked @200MHz???

Comment

No, it'll be clocked at 25 MHz. There, edited my previous post to be a little clearer.

Comment

Lordy, chop the parhelia in half!!
                            Isn't that roughly what they did to get the G550?
                            Half memory bus (DDR will do the rest!)
                            and half the interesting bits?
                            eeh, doesn't sound very cool, but then again, i like Matrox for the superior image quality for Video viewing etc, so an underperforming card would be ok, but it would have to have some ROCK SOLID outputs for optimal quality.
                            If people want to do 3D, they can get a fast 3D card...maybe they should bring it out in PCI flavour, for those who already have a gaming card, and want a very good display card...?
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

This thread got my attention, esp. this part:

Haig: "Keep in mind our tradition of between next gen chips."

CaineTanathos: "Was the G400 a new generation compared to the g200 or an improved version ?"

Haig: "It was a new gen."

CaineTanathos: "there was less than 1 year between them, correct ?, interesting "

The next question lead to a "no comment"...

Jörg
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X