Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forgot how much I liked my P until. . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot how much I liked my P until. . . .

I had a LAN party the other day and when the guests saw my three monitor setup and what I could do with it. . .photoshop, gaming, internet productivity etc. they were amazed. The image quality with BF1942 and MOHAA was freaking fantastic with FAA. It was *seriously* better than my friends 9700 Pro. I had forgotten how much I love my P and just had to share with you all.
    My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

I still haven't seen surround gaming yet. I bet it looks awesome! Oh well, Maybe M's next card.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You bring 3 montiros to Lan party!?
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

He had the LAN party so he didn't have to bring them.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
          I still haven't seen surround gaming yet. I bet it looks awesome! Oh well, Maybe M's next card.

Dave
          what did u say?

Comment

Surround gaming is nice, but personally I think its overkill and not worth the xtra $$$ it incures. 2 monitors are fine....3 is overkill.
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I agree with GT98 tbh

Comment

Obviously you've never actually tried it...cause it KICKS BUTT!
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                  Surround gaming is nice, but personally I think its overkill and not worth the xtra $$$ it incures. 2 monitors are fine....3 is overkill.
                  I completely disagree with this. For me it was worth every damn penny
                  Originally posted by Kruzin
                  Obviously you've never actually tried it...cause it KICKS BUTT!

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                    Spoken like someone who hasn't used it.

Rags

Comment

I use my three monitor setup for more than just games. . .although that is the coolest part! Have you ever used Photoshop. . .you haven't unless you have it on three monitors. I have my original image on the far left, the image I'm constructing in the middle and all of my toolbars on the far right. I then went back to one monitor (and even two). . .what a pain in the neck!

Heck, I find it useful for regular internet surfing to be honest. There are many times when I want to have more than one site open. . .and instead of minimizing them I can have three open at once. Although I usually have all of my instant messangers/messages on one, and then whatever web *sites* I'm surfing to the other two.

And did I mention surround gaming? It is funnier than shite when you are playing Ghost Recon only to hear from across the room "Hey, how did you see me?"

So for me, at least, I find that I wouldn't want to compute w/o three monitors.
                      Last edited by BCompDude; 15 February 2003, 22:40.
                      My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

I got my third monitor just over week ago and I've been totally amazed by the effect that Surround Gaming brings you!

It really looks great in the racing simulators like Grand Prix 4, Nascar Racing series etc, that there is "something" on the left and on the right of the middle monitor. It is also a very big benefit that you can see the car you are passing or been passed by.
                        I just hope that the upcoming Race Driver would be released soon...

I haven't been playing much First Person Shooters with Surrond Gaming, yet. I think it will need a bit more adapting to a new way of playing than with racing games, but I will be practising.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
                          Spoken like someone who hasn't used it.

Rags
                          I beg to differ

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

you need to do sth. about those ugly cables GT98
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Surround Gaming is pretty damn cool...

...until the third screen is banned from the sitting room by your partner that is...
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                              X