video from camcorder to pc.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video from camcorder to pc.....

OK, never done this before. The wife recently purchased a miniDV camcorder and would like to be able to download/capture the footage to the pc, edit a little, then burn it to a cd.

I see firewire "kits" with card, cable and s/ware for various prices. On the order of $50 - $100 could anyone suggest a reasonable solution?

We are talking basic home movie stuff here, a little edit, a little email clip or still shot to the grandparents, nothing Spielberg.

Thanks
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Ask in Desktop video and one of the pro's will give you an exelent answer

I can only say that any card that bundles a ulead product is the way to go
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
      Ask in Desktop video and one of the pro's will give you an exelent answer

I can only say that any card that bundles a ulead product is the way to go
      or Pinnacle Studio 7. It's _very_ easy to use. You can either buy it separately or bundled with a firewire/dv card. If you don't already have firewire on your pc, buy the bundled version (there are sometimes compatibility issues with cheap dv cards and windows ).

Comment

There's always this but it isn't cheap.

Comment

The DV issue is less of an issue now than it was a year or two back. Before the newest generation of software came out, you had to worry about whether there were the right capture drivers for your Firewire port for Windows (long story). But with newer versions of Windows (ME, XP) and better drivers and newer software, this is now largely a non-issue.

Just get the best software you can in your kit.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X