Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia Software CD

Hello,
    i was wondering if anyone here is able to provide me with information on getting the matrox software CD, either from someone here, or from Matrox. I sent them an email about a week ago regarding this and have not yet recieved a reply.
    If someone would be willing to send me a copy of the CD that would be fine too.

Thanks
    Frankfurt
    Last edited by Frankfurt; 13 February 2003, 13:22.
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Is the OEM version O.K.?

if so, whereabouts in Canada are you?
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Im located in Ottawa, im sort of curious whats on the OEM CD versus the retail one though. if theres little to no difference between them, i would not mind that at all.

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
      3COM 905C

Comment

Ahem, I feel it's my duty to enlighten you about the software licence agreement on the CD; especially the following points:

1. The license is for the original purchaser only, and is not transferable without written permission of Matrox.

2. The original purchaser may use the Software on a single computer owned or leased by the original purchaser. You may not use the Software on more than a single computer, even if you own or lease more than one computer, without written consent of Matrox.

4. The original purchaser may not engage in, nor permit third parties to engage in, any of the following:
        Providing or disclosing the Software to third parties.
        Making alterations or copies of any kind in the Software (except as specifically permitted above).
        Hence, gtforty, you may not send a copy of your CD to Frankfurt without prior written consent from Matrox.

Comment

Frankfurt,

I'm sure the retail version had extra bundled games/software.

albatorsk,

Do you work for matrox?

If so, I NEVER sent him anything.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gtforty
            Do you work for matrox?
            What? Do people still work there? Don't be silly.

If so, I NEVER sent him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by albatorsk
              1. The license is for the original purchaser only, and is not transferable without written permission of Matrox.
              The licence is, but the CD (hardware) isn't
              And, as long as Frankfurt purchased a Parhelia, he is a legel licence holder too
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by gtforty
                Frankfurt,

I'm sure the retail version had extra bundled games/software.
                Ya know, I don't think it does.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I would gladly provide a copy, however if there are no extra bundled goodies with the retail version, you would best just download the latest drivers from the matrox site.

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
                    The licence is, but the CD (hardware) isn't
                    But he still can't copy his CD. Sending a blank CD wouldn't help Frankfurt very much...

And, as long as Frankfurt purchased a Parhelia, he is a legel licence holder too
                    gtforty has been granted an exclusive license when he bought his Parhelia. This license prohibits him, in a legal sense, to distribute the software on his CD. He's not even allowed to transfer his license to a third party, which means, that if he ever were to sell his Parhelia, he must keep the CD.
                    Last edited by albatorsk; 13 February 2003, 18:54.

Comment

To be honest I really don't think Matrox would raise any objections. All the s/w is readily available on the web site.

Haig??

Comment

The CD is bundled with the hardware. No, he does not have to agree with a license that he could not read before buying the hardware/software though this has not been taken all the way through the courts yet.

Comment

I agree. They probably won't mind. But you have to ask the question, why is it a breach of license to share your drivers in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                            The CD is bundled with the hardware. No, he does not have to agree with a license that he could not read before buying the hardware/software though this has not been taken all the way through the courts yet.
                            I can't check this, but don't you have to agree to the license before installing the drivers? If not, then you're right ofcourse.

Comment

If there was any REAL software on the drivers CD, it would be a problem.
                              I would have closed the thread right away if that was the case.

Since NO Parhelia came with any extra software (games, DVD player, etc...) I see no problem. The CD only comes with drivers, coloreal (borderline call there), and the reef demo. All of these can be found on the web if you look hard enough...
                              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X