Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe multimedia card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe multimedia card

Anyone had any luck or know anything about it? I am looking at it as an analog capture device when I upgrade my G450 eTV to a Parhelia.

Thanks!

Mike

If all it can capture is MPEG I'd pass.

Better to get something that presents a YUV, YUY2 or RGB capture interface to the system and use software codecs of your choice (HuffYUV or PICVideo for example), AVI_IO etc. For MPEG use something like MSPro or VideoStudio's MPEG capture modules.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Mike. I'm leaning toward the Hauppauge 401.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I'm looking at the lower end Hauppauge PVR card. It allows AVI capture (for some reason the higher end ones do not). So, I am assuming it should all capture like the 401 but also give the PVR features. I travel alot and there is a few shows that I like to record and the VCR option does not always work.

Mike

Comment

The leadtek uses a BT878 chip so it might work with any of the drivers out there for this chip. But, you will find it's wdm drivers don't work with a lot of capture programs and I don't know if it will work with the vfw-wdw wrapper. I am looking at these cards too but I don't know if it will capture how I want. The biggest problem is I'm not using ntfs so I need to use software to segragate the video and that means using different capture software.

On the good side, this card comes with lite versions of videostudio 6 and Ulead cool 3d 3!

Comment

Working...
          X