Ogg vorbis codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ogg vorbis codecs

Ok, I'm using a video encoding tool called Vidomi, and I want to use Ogg Vorbis as my sound codec...however I don't have the codec installed in my system (the way mp3 and PCM are both installed, for example). So I hit the Ogg site and downloaded their apps, but they were just stand alone. I want a system integrated codec (like how DivX is installed in your sys), so that I can point random progs at it to encode ogg. Is this doable? How? Links?

You want the Direct Show filter:
    This website is for sale! everwicked.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, everwicked.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I tried that last night, but I can't find any installed codecs using Vidomi or Virtual Dub called "Ogg" or "Vorbis" or anything close...

Comment

Do they support DIrectShow filters? THey might need the type of codecs that show up in the multimedia control panel.

Comment

You can try the Nimo Codec Pack. It caused an OGG/Vorbis item to appear in the multimedia control panel when the others do not. If these programs you are using are designed to use these then they might be able to pick these up.

Link

Edits:
          Warning! Do not use V5.0 Build9 Beta! It shall we say causes problems.

5.0Build7 seems to work fine. I don't know about 5.0 Build8.

I got the Sound Recorder utility to actually play back Ogg/Vorbis encoded wave files! Imagine that.

Make sure to check the Ogg/Vorbis codec during install. It is not part of the default install.
          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 12 February 2003, 16:42.

Comment

Sweet...build 7 did it (which i actually had on my HDD!), and I just selected two Ogg Vorbis codecs. Now if I could just figure out which codec it is alone so that I don't need Nimo...

Comment

It's called an AMC audio codec if that helps. I am still looking for it myself.

Comment

I don't like Nimo. It appears that Defiler has the right codecs?
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have heard bad things about Nimo from our multimedia guru.
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah, I've run into problems with Nimo in the past, that's why I'm looking for ways of avoiding using it. Giving defiler a go, Wombat.

Comment

No good, Wombat...Ogg Vorbis isn't a selectable format.

Side note: Can anyone tell me the difference betwee "Ogg Vorbis Mode 1/Mode 1+/Mode 2, etc"??

Comment

Gonna have to try that one too.

What sorts of problems were had with Nimo?

Comment

I am using defiler at the moment.

Would recommend not installing the moonlight filters - they give me stuttery video after about 45 minutes of use.

Probably not a good idea to install the mpeg2 codecs either if you already have some others (eg from DVD software) installed.

Comment

Possibility of an Ogg/Vorbis portable digital audio player

Comment

I wonder how they plan to maintain compatibilty with future releases of ogg vorbis (after all, it still has a potential to ewolve; it's just hard to polish, wchich is btw, the reason why musepack is now "better" - it's easier to improve/tweak, because it's simpler).
                              I hope they don't plan to stop improving the format...(although probably they have the way to don't do that)

Comment

Working...
                              X