Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having install probs with win2k server

Greetings,

Was wondering if anyone has come across this before...

After booting from the CD, hitting F6, and then hitting "S" to select a "SCSI or RAID" driver from disk, I get the following message:

<snip>
    An unexpected error (0) occurred at line 962 in D:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Press any key to continue.
    <snip>

Only option at that point is to exit the install.

Specs:

Dell 1.2GHz celeron
    128MB PC2100
    Integrated everything

I added a Highpoint RAID controller and two 40GB WD ata200 drives. I have a CD on the integrated ide controller.

I tried a Win2k Pro disk just for grins and it failed with the same error message which tells me the CD isnt bad. The weird thing is, when I hit "S" to select the drivers froma disk, it gives me the error without accessing anything, like it knew it was going to give me the error no matter what

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I suppose the integrated IDE could be conflicting with the RAID controller, but then I have no CD to install from if I disable it. Actually, the more I think about it, I dont think that is it. Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I copied your error and used Google to search Usenet.

A LOT of answers turned up. Are you using an LS120 drive? If it's a regular floppy drive, are you sure it works okay? A couple people got burned because the floppy drive is turned off in the BIOS.

RAID controller may have a resource conflict, but it's probably the floppy.

There's other stuff, worth searching yourself.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

get the boot disks from here http://www.tech24.com/tools/bootdisk.asp

Bootdisk, Boot Disk, Windows Boot disk, XP Bootdisk, 98 Boot Disk, Setup Disk, Startup Disk, NTFS Bootdisk
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Usually errors like that during install are caused by dodgy installation media.

Comment

Cking...make sure you set the CD-ROM to be bootable in the SCSI BIOS, most BIOS require this feature to be manually Activated...especially if you are using Adaptec SCSI Adapters.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
          X