X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative 5.12.1.324 WDM Drivers

more like new Audigy 2 drivers

download

Which can be used on the Audigy1 or Live if you follow my simple instructions in the FAQ Files.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Yup, using them on my Audigy just fine...also the app updates.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        Which can be used on the Audigy1 or Live if you follow my simple instructions in the FAQ Files.

- Gurm
        I'm using them on my Live! 5.1, though you don't necessarily need to hack them if you only want the drivers, just run that CTZAPXX.exe installer .
        I've been having problems with the apps in the 283 pack (hacked using your guide) so I'm keeping some older versions installed.

Comment

Those don't work very well with the original SBLive!, the speaker settings program crashes every time. Back to the "normal" latest XP/SBLive! drivers I guess.

And on another note... what I wouldn't give for drivers and software that's so elegantly written that the update packages simply copy a couple new .dll's, and even provide the option of just manualy dragging the files into your /system(32) directory.
          Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 11 February 2003, 10:39.

Comment

Amen. What happened to the good old days when a driver was 80k? Whats up with these HUGE drivers??

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I don't even really mind the size of the files, but damn, why can't they just keep the number of files down? And programs that just HAVE to use the registry... why? Is it really that difficult to make a f'ing .cfg file in the programs own folder?!? No point worrying about it though, I'm sure if MS has their way with Palladium the point will be moot, you'll never be able to even see what's stored on the computer you're leasing from them.

Comment

Work fine on my Audigy2 through these cheap headphones.
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

What are the advantages of using these on SBLive??
                  Some said they have better sound quality, yes on Audigy2, but what about on SBLive?
                  P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                  Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                  And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Much smaller footprint than the original Live software package, and the drivers themselves are better.

If you're just using the drivers, the only benefit would be less bugs and/or improved game support. *shrug*

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X