Command & Conquer Generals on Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command & Conquer Generals on Parhelia

I just tested CC-Generals on my Parhelia.

I haven't played the game much, but from what i've played (about 15 minutes) i can say that this game is really good.
    Can't say much about performance yet, but from what i've seen it runs good.

I did found 2 problems:

If you move the screen to an dark area you will get strange lines across the screen:

Second one is that the graphic option "Behind Buildings" doesn't have the correct result. With this option turned ON all the vehicles and soldiers are green (or red, or blue, depends on what team you are playing):

This is with the option turned off:

According to the readme.txt this is what the option does:
    Behind Building: This toggles the silhouettes of any units that are standing or moving behind structures.
    Here is a shot of the option screen itself:

The second problem isn't an really annoying problem, because you can turn the option off. The first one is.
    All shots taken 1024x768 16FAA off.
    PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

I have the behind buildings thing too, its kinda funny actually, you get a better idea of what troops belong to you
    it's not a bug, its a feature :P

Comment

I was running the beta, and I did only get the lines when in FAA-16x.
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

well i disabled AA in the options.ini, now things look normal.

Comment

Got a deadlock while playing generals

HI there,

Yesterday I tried to run Generals but after the introscreen while in the mainmenu I saw al kind of strange lines but thought well let it be, later i will add the game to the powerdesk and enfore the faax16 option.

So I started the training up played for 5 min. and kaboom it gave me a complete lockup.

After rebooting windows xp pro I got an error back and got this error report. (see attachment)

Anyone else have/has this problem before???

I can play all kind of games like unreal II or ut2003 or you name it and the all work fine, except for generals and serious sam SE 1.50 this one also locks in a matter of minutes.

I recently replaced my psu, now i've got a 550w antec. Motherboard is a msi-k7t266-pro2-ru with 512 MB ddr.

OS: Winxp with dx9 and sp1/couple of hotfixes (sp2) and dotnet sp2
          Attached Files

Comment

damn can't wait to buy this game (still 3 weeks exams... , NOOOO)
            Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

I still get the lines in dark areas even with FAA off and disabling AA in the options.ini file. Guess i'll need to wait for an patch or new driver.
              PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Hi!

Is there a way to zoom out more in the game (beyond the range that is allowed by the default)?
                I have tried zooming using the arrow keys on numbers "2" and "8", but I feel that I need to see more!

This would be a great Surround Gaming experience at 3072x768,
                but it seems that the view comes a bit closer to the ground comparing to 1024x768 resolution?

Any options in config files or .ini-files that would do the trick?

Comment

You can change your resolution in the Options.ini file in my documents\Command and Conquer Generals Data\

let me know if this works, as i'm not running triplehead at the moment

Comment

Yes, the resolution change works just fine. Currently at 3072x768 and it looks awesome.

Can't provide any screenshots because of the limitation of attachment file size.

The only thing that I would want to do right now is to zoom out bit more...

Comment

Ok, I just tried the game in 3072x768, and the reason it looks so "zoomed in" is because it probably expects a 4:3 resolution. In surround mode, you only get to see the center "stripe" of the game, so it's not really playble as it is right now.

To reiterate: you actually get a smaller FOV in surround mode, than what you get in normal mode. I've attached a picture to show what I mean.

Last edited by albatorsk; 14 February 2003, 19:57.

Comment

Typical for an EA game, i guess

Comment

I am using the latest Microsoft certified drivers and experience crashes frequently. When I reboot it says that the P driver is the cause. Anyone else have these problems? Should I switch to another driver? Thanks much. Its a great game but not when it freezes constantly.
                          My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Comment

It does NOT like overclocked hardware, I had to tone down my settings, if u have an overclocked Parhelia, set it back a notch and see what happens.
                            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

crashes and lockups

Originally posted by BCompDude
                              I am using the latest Microsoft certified drivers and experience crashes frequently. When I reboot it says that the P driver is the cause. Anyone else have these problems? Should I switch to another driver? Thanks much. Its a great game but not when it freezes constantly.
                              I've got the same as you (look a couple of posts above) i'm using the latest winxp drivers and all kind of other games work perfectly like ut2003 / unrealII/ sofII /etc. But generals and serious sam II do the crash/lockup thing.

What kind of MB do you have mine is a msi k7t266pro2-ru, i've already tried to disable fast write but it doesn't help. If you turn off antialiasing in the options.ini the stripes are almost gone.

My PSU is brandnew and is a qtec 550W, machine is not overclocked just genuine xp1700, mem is 512 MB and has been tested with docmem.

Anyone tips/clue's???, i've already searched a lot around the net found a dozen tips but upto now nothing helped.

PS: What i've found but didn't try yet is to switch back from my 3.7 bios to the 3.3 version (found a thread on matroxforums with a similar problem but then with the g550, but that problem was /should be fixed in the 3.4 / 3.5 bios version.)

Comment

Working...
                              X