Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RT.X100 box.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 February 2003, 23:54.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I always blush when someone shows me thier "box".

Let me be the first to say nice job Dr.
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

BTW... Are those 5.25 drives chromed/aluminum also? Is so, did you buy them that way, or did you apply something yourself?
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

The silverish coloration is from a metal leaf. You can get it at Michaels or JoAnnes craft stores. You first add a light adhesive made for the purpose then carefully apply the leaf and add an overcoat to protect it.

Yeah....my wife's a bigtime crafter, with all the "expenses" that entails

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 February 2003, 12:34.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

cool.

Are you satisfied with the way your chrome job turned out? I'd like to tuck that little trick away for furture use.

Comment

Yup...very satisfied. The leaf I chose has a brushed stainless steel look that's quite similar to the original fill panels look. Still....the leaf is about 1/4 shade darker than the remaining fill panel so I may just cover it as well to get a 100% match.

One hint though: getting leaf into those slots on the drive caddy would have been a B***H....so I cheated and filled them in with silver model airplane paint.

It worked like a charm & you have to look *real*close* to even know the difference.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 February 2003, 12:33.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I hereby nominate you for "The Man".

Cheers,
              CEM

Comment

Oh, and all in all, much cooler that a PVC case.

Comment

Set it out by the bar-b-que and it could be a RT bug zapper

Now I know why I hide my ugly behemouth....

Comment

I don't really think I care how my case looks like....
                    It's functional
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Trust me, it's very functional. It'll be even more so when the dualie rig goes into it in a few weeks. Just waiting for the tax return to be direct-deposited

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc:

At what speed is the FSB on your box? I pulled up a couple of reviews on the MSI 745 Ultra and they were a bit confusing.

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

266 (ddr 133 actually) since this is the max supported by the SiS 745. The SiS 746FX supports 333.

I'm using an AthlonXP 2600+/266, not a 2600+/333....for now

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 February 2003, 14:15.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Default on the 745 Ultra is 100mHz, but is easily changed to 133 (or greater) in cmos.
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X