Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a flyvideo to work with other software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a flyvideo to work with other software?

Hi, I'm trying to use a flyvideo 2000 card and although it works with it's own software if I try anything else it says 'device already in use'. Strange this as it uses the same philips chip as the terretec cinergy.

Virtual vcr

Comment

The fact that it features the same chip doesn´t automatically mean that it´s identical. As the Flyvideo card has drivers by Flyvideo and the Cinergy has drivers by Terratec, I´m sure there´ll be similarities, but there´ll be differences too. Apart from that, there´s always your personal situation. If you look at our Cinergy thread, you´ll see that we discover different pros and cons on our different systems.
      -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
      2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
      Matrox Parhelia 128
      Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
      Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
      Maxtor 300 GB for video
      Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
      Win XP Pro

At work:
      Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
      Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Most of the drivers are i think based on the philips referance ones. I tried some other drivers thar saw the card but gave the same error: tried a second card too. More seriously, since trying the card my Athlon 2000xp has expired, strange coincidence or something has caused the chip to go into thermal meltdown. Fans still ok and pc works with a Duron in. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

www.virtualdub.org has a fix. Seems the VFWWDM wrapper tries to connect to the wrong outout from the SAA driver.
          @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

tried that but it didn't work.

Comment

I'm using driver 20.51 with AVI_IO and VirtualDubMod for WVF captures. Using that reg mod lets it work well. Aside from the fact that the driver won't let me choose stereo audio. I suspect its because Australia has no entry in the audio modes section of the SAA driver registry.

If anyone out there has a reference guide to the SAA tree, I'd sure be glad to see it.
              @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

The terratec appears to use the stock driver aside from it having the video input pins being configured differently. I suspect that kind of thing is simple options when the makers build the drivers etc.
                @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

DrP: did you get 'device already in use' before the reg mod? I treid the reg mod but still got that message when I tried to capture

Comment

Virtual VCR works well for me, and allows choosing which codec to use for creating AVI's (I direct capture to xvid at 720x576)
                    (and stereo does work)

The software bundled with it works well, but only does mpeg1 or uncompressed AVI.
                    I have had some success with Video studio 5.0, but for all other software I get 'device already in use'.

I have not tried the Registry fix but I will soon as I get more replacement capture drive back.

The terratec software and capture codec (for 600) works with the flyvideo 3000 card, but the remote control and tuner get screwed up.
                    Latest Flyvideo is based on 1.3 of the philips reference drivers.
                    whereas the terratec cards use version 1.4

I am stickying with the deafault 20.51(1.3) drivers from lifeview.
                    It would be great to use virtualdub or AVI_IO, but for now virtual VCR is VERY GOOD

Comment

Yep, thats the exact error. Did that regedit, restarted, fixed.
                      @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

DrP: what OS are you using? I tried this with windows 2000 and it didn't seem to work.

Comment

Using XP SP1. Try searching through the registry for the SAA tree, incase you have two instances of it for some reason.
                          @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

HELP: will some one show me the exact registry entry they have added? I have tried the following:
                            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\nnnn\Parameters\CapPreviewEnabled = DWORD:00000001

but it don't work! I right clicked in the regedit in the correct key and added a dword. But what I got didn't look like that above.

Comment

It should be 0

CapPreviewEnabled = DWORD:00000000

Comment

Working...
                              X