Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Windows XP Questions

Ok I have two questions:

I just reinstalled XP on my system. I can't get Trillian Pro to keep its settings whne it comes to transparancy and the size when its docked to the right hand side of the screen.

I'm running two montiors and have would like to have Outlook always open on my secondary monitor full screen. I have the ATI Hydravision drivers installed etc...any hints? Worked fine before the reinstall.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Trillian... is a great program, with LOUSY windowing routines.

I have been campaigning on their site for better support for that part of the program.

What happened was that back when they first wrote it, they wanted skinning. This was several years back when skinning was just NOT going to happen without the use of Window Blinds or something, so... they wrote custom window handling code.

Sadly, though they are gifted network programmers, they are NOT gifted Windows API programmers... and their window code, to be polite, sucks huge hairy donkey dick. (Note, that was the POLITE version. This code is so horrendous that it has been known to kill small children who accidentally see it!)

Since they have gone professional with the product, there is now NO chance of getting into the source code... so we paying customers just have to wait until they get around to... gutting their own program. In other words... never.

Maybe I'll resurrect my multi-messenger program.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X