Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

For some weird reason I'm getting memory problems with my Mobo, ie for some reason one of the sticks just seems to stop working. Now it runs fine with 256 crucial. Though a couple of months ago one of the sticks stopped working and I had it replaced and the replacement didn't work either so I had that replaced. Then when that one arrived it worked and I had 512 again for a few months. Now for some reason once again I have the same problem and that is one of the sticks has stopped working again and now I'm back to 256. I've swapped the sticks about and I can say that only one works, with the non-working one in I get beeps. A long beep then a few seconds later the same etc etc etc. Could it be that my mobo doesn't like branded crucial ram???

Entirely possible.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Or perhaps your mobo is defective.....it is an Abit after all...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

As I've said before, the Tyan multi-Athlon boards are notorious for not liking Crucial (although I'm running two here with Crucial just fine), so it's possible there are others.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I am sure that Crucial will be aware of any issues.

They are usually good with support.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well I needed 512 so I went and bought 512 2700 DDr non-crucial and it appears to be ok(touch wood) Let's hope it stays that way. I'll have the crucial sticks replaced for new one's and then I'll sell them on through Ebay.

Thx for your responces guys

Comment

and in a few months when those stop working...
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

A ram eater mobo, neat
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think I hear noises from inside the case it keeps calling me!! it want's more RAM ARRRGGGGHHH!! As days go by I feel as if I’m being enslaved by my own creation. It's too powerful I cant look away

Comment

Working...
                  X