British 'intelligence' lifted from academic articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British 'intelligence' lifted from academic articles

Downing Street was last night plunged into acute international embarrassment after it emerged that large parts of the British government's latest dossier on Iraq - allegedly based on "intelligence material" - were taken from published academic articles, some of them several years old.
    I bet Tony got a nice call from GWB yesterday

oops. forgot the link: http://politics.guardian.co.uk/forei...890917,00.html
    Last edited by thop; 7 February 2003, 09:09.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Haha and I bet the junior researcher putting it all together just did a search on Google and cut-and-pasted from the internet...

Or if they were really dilligent then maybe they used some academic (non-public) search engines...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

If they are going to these lengths then war unfortunately looks immanent atm

Comment

The Guardian.. what do you expect?

Comment

A link containing comparisons.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Pity it's twelve years old. I wonder what else was copied from old papers in the so called British intelligence.

Also MI5 say theres no links between Dustbin Laden and Soddem.
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This echoes what another Iraq expert who advises Mr Blair said a few months ago.

This also caused Tony Blair difficulties in Parliament his reply basically was that was no evidence proving there wasn't a link. It seems an attempt to mislead Parliament.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

More of the "evidence" seems to be shown false.

Revealed: truth behind US 'poison factory' claim

You'd think that if they are going to show people evidence that they would at least make a token effort at some kind of credibility. But then I guess they figure that they don't have to...

Comment

This is one of the reasons why so many are against the war. They feel even stronger when Tony Blair struggles to defend the report.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You cant believe one thing from any side in this phoney stage - it stinks to high heaven!

RedRed
                Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                X