Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody can be told what the Animatrix is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody can be told what the Animatrix is...

...you must see it for yourself:

Home: http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/index_anime.html

Short #1: http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co..._episode1.html

The Wakowski...warcowski...the Matrix guys have started to release 'The Animatrix' shorts. There will be 9 total, 4 released on the web, 5 released exclsively on DVD (the 4 web shorts will be on the DVD as well). All 9 shorts are written by the brothers and animated/directed by respected anime houses and directors.

The first web short was released on Tuesday, but it's been impossible to get in until today. This one goes through the backstory of man vs. machine. It is very good, I like it a lot.

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

1! DO NOT WATCH THIS AT WORK (unless you can get away with it) OR WITH SMALL CHILDREN AROUND!!! This short is rated-R, even though it's animated. Once you see it, you'll know why.

2! The large version is 114 MB, so be prepared for a looooooong download time.

[end warning]

Enjoy all you Matrix and anime fans!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

thanks for the link
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

Long download time? I was able to watch the large version in real time while it downloaded.

Comment

And I was expecting something with Bugs Bunny in it
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

nice! looks like something to watch out for
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Stupid QuickTime. I had to look at a few pages' source before I got the link, what a hassle.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Have you tried GetRight Browser, it rocks for this kind of stuff
              <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

That's what i used

So will they release the complete film? or just clips?
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

nice stuff!
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

The first two Animatrix shorts are a two parter, discussing the rise of the machine and the fall of mankind. The others take place after the machines take over, afaik. At least one takes place immediately AFTER The Matrix took place (Final Flight of Osiris - animated by Square (ala Final Fantasy)).

I don't know the lengths on all of them, but I would assume the DVD only shorts will be consideribly longer than the web shorts.

Jammrock

Comment

Only problem I saw was, it reminded me of the backstory of Dune too much.

Comment

Of course, the whole Matrix problem could have been avoided if the 3 laws of robotic from Issac Asimov was hardcoded into the robots in the first place...

Jammrock

Comment

Oh, and I kept on expecting to see Bender among the robots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                            Of course, the whole Matrix problem could have been avoided if the 3 laws of robotic from Issac Asimov was hardcoded into the robots in the first place...

Jammrock
                            Until a Zeroth Law is derived, or they build their own robots without such contraints (a la Scanners).
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                            X