N Korea threatens US with first strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Korea threatens US with first strike

"The United States says that after Iraq, we are next", said the deputy director Ri Pyong-gap, "but we have our own countermeasures. Pre-emptive attacks are not the exclusive right of the US."
    Pyongyang asserts right to pre-emptive attack as tensions rise over American build-up.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Don't even go there, there are more issues involved then most people in western countries hear.

I could go on with a nice long list, but I really don't have the energy. This is pure politics, and trying to bluff a way to a better barganing position.

N.Korea may chew the hand that feeds it, but it won't bite hard.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

What happened to South Koreas "sunshine" policy btw.? It seemed to make slow but nice progress.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Umm no, no it didn't.
        It involved N.Korea extending the olive branch long enough to get food, then running back.

There is steady progress however, like the rail link is underway over the DMZ
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

There is steady progress however, like the rail link is underway over the DMZ
          That will come in handy when the north starts sending its troops south again.

Kevin

Comment

.. or they could just freight one of their nukes south in a crate marked "tractor parts"

Comment

That can work both ways

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

So we've got N Korea threatening nuking the South. Pakistan threatening to nuke India if they send troops over the border. What a lovely world we live in.
                I've found a nice planet just three rules.

1) No Religon.
                2) No politics.
                3) No Lemons.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

You forgot the 4th one: No weapons (of massdestruction).

Comment

How can we convince you for more info Sasq?
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                      You forgot the 4th one: No weapons (of massdestruction).
                      If theres no politics or religon you wouldn't need any weapons of mass destruction.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes, missed that part!

Point taken.

Comment

politics or religion is just an excuse... if they didn't have that, they would start wars over... well..... literature? tv shows? (southpark ).

Comment

Southpark is a result of politics, so is much of the literature. Hell, we wouldn't be humans without politics, it's a part of our nature.

Comment

Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

<I>-Jack Handy</I>
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X