Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adaptive camoflage....Japanese style....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptive camoflage....Japanese style....

Perhaps not as advanced as what the US military is testing, but still.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

only an optical trick anyway.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Not bad.

Comment

woah. cool!

Comment

Interesting, very interesting
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

THis is just the beginning. THis will be a great addition to the current techniques especially as it matures. Now if only they could make it tachyone proof.

Comment

SO how does it work?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Paddy,

It works the same way that it supposedly worked in James Bond...

Camera on one side projects image onto the other side... etc.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Saw that on the TV a while ago, as the article says, this tech isn't for the guy on the front line.

but for..
                  It's hoped the technology will be useful for surgeons frustrated their own hands and surgical tools can block their view of operations and pilots who wish cockpit floors were transparent for landings.
                  for which i can see a thousand uses. How about removeing the blind spot over your sholder in the car etc etc ..
                  Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                    SO how does it work?
                    How does it work? Latest reports say that the cloth was implanted with Matrox RSN Graphics Engine.

Comment

the cam is looking through some semi-reflective mirror and there is also a projection involved. there was a link here some time ago to two movies. it's just a trick.
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Pretty awesome.
                        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                        people do all day!"

Comment

I've heard of the theory a coupple of years ago...Then they were basically going to take what was on one side and project it to the other using digital cameras and fiber optics....anyway they do it though...cool, very cool

~Sethos
                          "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

I don't think thop is getting any attention!

Comment

That is because he implies it's only a trick (I I understand correctly)
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X