quicktime codecs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quicktime codecs?

Can you get just the codecs so you can watch quicktime mov files in media player?

Don't think so no.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

I think the code is available from a linux player like mplayer, just takes someone skilled in both linux and win32 coding to port the code

Same for all RealMedia formats

Comment

IIRC that doesn't work with "new" formats. Right?

Same for Real.
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

You can get older codecs, but they won't work with QT5 or newer files (new Sorensen codec), and there's no demux - so even files that do work will probably farg up due to all the menus/flash-ish stuff that QT sticks in there.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

mplayer plays back all those files, since it can interface with the codec's .dll/.so (linux library) files directly.

Comment

MPlayer has been ported to Windows, I don't know if the Win32 or QT loader works on Win32. It's apparently slow as hell anyway.
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Working...
              X