Radeon 9700 Filtering HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9700 Filtering HELP!

Basically I'm puzzled by the different mode I know performance provides better performance than quality, but what's better 4x quality or 16x performance? is there a big difference in speed?? between performance and quality?

thx

The difference isn't that great. The performance mode is very close to the aniso the 8500 produces and is bound to bilinear filtering I believe, while the quality setting looks better and can be combined with trilinear filtering. The difference between the different modes (PvsQ) are hard to spot, that is if you aren't tring to find them offcourse.

Personally I can hardly spot any differences in a fast paced game like UT2003, it is possible that you may see some quality improvement in slower games though.

And keep in mind that 4xQ looks much worse than 16xP.

Maybe I'll take some screens for you to compare.

Comment

I'd use 16xAF in performance mode. You gain considerable speed and in all reviews I've seen and my own testing, the difference is neglible.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I think the Quality mode also reduces or eliminates the 45 degree issue with AF, so if you're running a flight simulator you probably will want to use Quality instead.

Comment

Working...
        X