Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Introduces Athlon MP processor 2600+-

------------------
    AMD today introduced the AMD Athlon MP processor 2600+, the newest in its line of multiprocessors for servers and workstations that run mission-critical business applications. The AMD Athlon MP processor 2600+ joins the AMD processor lineup as the company's highest performance multiprocessor. The AMD Athlon MP processor 2600+ builds on the tradition established by previous AMD Athlon multiprocessors by emphasizing comprehensive compatibility that can help lower a company's total cost of ownership. AMD continues to work closely with leading software and hardware companies to help ensure all AMD processors provide optimal performance, resulting in efficient and highly productive computing for the end user. Systems featuring the AMD Athlon MP processor 2600+ are expected to be available immediately from 49 system builders worldwide.
    -------------------

This is good new for those that have dual MPsystems like me

Regards,
    Elie

With Intel based dual processor systems being priced astronomically, it looks like the Athlon MP dual setup may be the hot ticket for MS Pro 7!
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Tell me about it, I'm currently running two AMD 2000+ MP's, can't wait to upgrade

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

Yeah, but...

Can your old MB take the new CPUs?

Planned obsolesence seems to be priority one these days!

--wally.

Comment

Yeah I think it can, I'll check into that and report back.

Comment

Working...
          X