can anyone help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me!

I would like to Have my screen at 1600x1200 but have the icons and everything to have my desktop / icons / fonts in exactly the same proportions as 1024*768 but with more detail in the main windows / for pictures/ diagrams

Do any programs do this? Or the parhelia?

Or is it an upcoming feature of a new windows, palladium is it?

EDIT
    Found a program called liquid view. Excellent. Will try it soon.
    Last edited by Fluff; 4 February 2003, 16:39.

Change the icon size and the font size?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Will that scale every feature in windows, Liquid view doesen't do that properly.

It would be nice as a tool, for example with a LCD that is native 1280x1024 to have it at 800x600,1024 X 768 proportions and have it as crisp as it's native resolution.

Comment

erm, I dont understand.

If decreasing the size of the screen fonts doesn't work, then it sounds like you are trying to run too-high a resolution on too-small a monitor.

Can you explain a bit more for me?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

If you're looking to have everything be EXACTLY the same size but get more resolution INSIDE of windows - you're out of luck.

But you CAN get your icons and fonts and menus back to 1024x768 sizes if you want.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

If it was achievable, it would be a killer feature, for anyone with a large flat-panel who wants some thing smaller than the native resolution.

Say you have a 1600*1200 LCD screen that is 15", And you're eyes are going a bit so you want to run at 1024*768. But to get the best picture the output you need to run it at 1600*1200. Rather than the LCD scaling it, from what i can see why cant the graphics card do it and do filtering on the relevant bits. This should make a nicer output.

Windows 1024*768 or any res => graphics card scales intelligently to 1600*1200 => LCD 1600*1200.

Is the next version of windows doing something with pixel shaders?

Comment

A bit OT, but the Linux desktops are heading in the direction of SVG (i.e. vector, scalable) icons, which is probably the best way to do it.
              Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Cheers for the answer, sorry for the silly example. Wonder when windows will go that route?

Comment

Working...
                X