Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbia News

--Insert something here--

Looks to me like your father has the key photographic evidence of what happened when the tire pressure had flatlined.. wheelwell detatched, exposing the landing gear and major structual area in the left wing.

Obviously NASA found this in that massive pile after all

(Give him a pat on the back for me, good show
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Was that your father, Ajax?
      If so - great job - he has provided a vital piece of information!
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Cheers to your dad, Ajax. That's the best pic of the thing I've seen. I vaguely remember hearing about others photographing in California, too.. wonder what they came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by gtforty
          Was that your father, Ajax?
          If so - great job - he has provided a vital piece of information!
          Yes it was. He belongs to an astronomy club, and they were having a "star party" to watch the shuttle return.
          --Insert something here--

Comment

Hey Ajax,
            You're famous!!

Comment

Another Photo taken by someone in CA of the Columblia. Though no photo released ATM

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

INteresting!

Comment

Spooky ... it must have been an alien terrorist attack!

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Those durn Death Rays'll get ya every time I tell ya!

Comment

<i>From NASA Science News:</i>
                      Feb. 4th, 2003: At the dawn of the space age some 40 years ago, we always knew who was orbiting Earth or flying to the Moon. Neil Armstrong, Yuri Gagarin, John Glenn. They were household names--everywhere.

Lately it's different. Space flight has become more "routine." Another flight of the shuttle. Another visit to the space station. Who's onboard this time? Unless you're a NASA employee or a serious space enthusiast, you might not know.

Dave Brown, Rick Husband, Laurel Clark, Kalpana Chawla, Michael Anderson, William McCool, and Ilan Ramon

Now we know. Those are the names of the seven astronauts who were tragically lost on Saturday, Feb. 1st, when the space shuttle Columbia (STS-107) broke apart over Texas.

Before the accident, perhaps, they were strangers to you. But if that's so, why did you have a knot in your gut when you heard the news? What were those tears all about? Why do you feel so deep-down sad for seven strangers?

Astronauts have an unaccountable hold on us. They are explorers. Curious, humorous, serious, daring, careful. Where they go, they go in peace. Every kid wants to be one. Astronauts are the essence of humanity.

They are not strangers. They are us.

While still in orbit Dave Brown asked, jokingly, "do we really have to come back?"

No. But we wish you had.

The Science@NASA team, as does all of NASA and the world, extends heartfelt sympathies to the family, friends and colleagues of the STS-107 crew. Please see the NASA Home Page (http://www.nasa.gov) for more information on the Columbia Investigation.

--Tony Phillips, Ron Koczor, Bryan Walls, Becky Bray, Patrick Meyer.
                      Our thoughts are with those who have lost their loved ones in this cruel reminder of how fragile life is. May they rest in peace.
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                      X