G550 DVDMax problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 DVDMax problem

I think I saw somewhere the similar question but wasn't able to find the thread. The question is:

When a video clip is ended and DVDMax on the TV is turned off (clone mode is active), the desktop resolution on the TV remains slightly less than it were before the clip playing - top, bottom, left and right edges of the desktop are invisible.

Anybody had this problem?

Configuration: G550, Win XP Pro with SP1, the latest G550 BIOS and drivers, TV is connected via RGB-SCART. Resolution is 800x600x16bit.

This happens with any player, I tried many different G550 settings and resolutions with no luck. The correct resolution is restored when I change something in the video configuration. Could it be connected to "RGB-SCART video sync" problem?

thanks

I think I know there is a problem but have no idea how to fix it.
    My monitor resolution is 800x600x16, TV resolution is 640x480x16 and "allow scaling" checkbox in the clone mode settings is unchecked and greyed out. Having this settings the very first time clone is turned on the desktop is correctly scaled on the TV (driver bug?), but when DVDMax turned on and off desktop is not scaled anymore (correct behavior?).
    By the way I cannot make TV resolution greater, it always returns to 640x480 even if all the other resolution are available for selecting.

any idea how to enable "allow scaling" checkbox?

Comment

I was able to resolve the problem and you're not going to believe how I did it! Seems that there is some stupid bug in the video driver. All I did is I checked "Fine Tuning" checkbox in the "TV Adjustments" dialog and did not even actually adjusted the screen - after that the problem gone, even after multiple reboots.

Comment

Working...
      X