Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job update!

Well, for those of you that care.

Julie interviewed for a GREAT job in Cambridge last Wedneday morning. It went very well, and she hopes to hear from them soon. It would mean at LEAST a $10k/yr. raise for her (cost of living increases commeasurately though).

The same day, I ran into a college friend who mentioned that another college friend was looking to hire an admin... probably at a similar rate of pay to what Julie will be making.

ALSO in/near Boston.

Since we want OUT of this hellpit called NEPA, we're very hopeful, keeping our fingers and toes crossed, and praying to our deities of choice.

DO me a favor, cross your fingers/toes for me, and toss off a silent request to YOUR deity of choice.

I worked out the math, and if we got these jobs, we could be completely out of debt (with the exception of student loans) within two months, and banking enough to go house shopping within a year!

That's a lot better than wondering who we can stiff every two weeks, since the paycheck is spent before it arrives.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Wow, good luck to both of you. Sounds like your luck is starting to change for the better.

BTW, what does NEPA stand for?
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Crossed. Keep us posted! Here's to good luck, and happier times.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Fingers crossed here too, but don't forgot to add the cost of a great bottle of champagne for the late night celebrating!!!

Comment

Best of luck

(tossing off a silent request)

Comment

NEPA = Northeast Pennsylvania.

It's the 5th circle of hell, or perhaps the 6th - hard to tell with all the sulfurous gases and gnashing of teeth.

Well, not really gnashing of teeth. The locals haven't got enough teeth to gnash.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Fingers & Toes Crossed!
              Good Luck!
              chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wish you both all the best!
                main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Go GURM, GO! (and Julie too)
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, fudge.

I didn't get mine. They wanted a Linux guru who could hit the ground running with no downtime.

I have resumes in at other places... so here's hoping.

Julie is still a strong contender though.

Comment

Hope it goes well
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Me too. Anyone know of anything good in the Boston area?

Comment

I'm sure something will work out soon....just think we're you're at the bottom the only place left to go is UP...so hang in there, things will be fine
                          I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

Hey heres wishing the both of you the best I've got my fingers crossed, my toes crossed and I'm tossing out little requests left and right. Keep that stiff upper lip (even if you're not Brittish)

~Sethos
                            "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Crossing all crossable digits.

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X