Ge FX Core design...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge FX Core design...

I read somewhere (as usual, can't remember where...) that the core of the FX was architecturally different from previous cores.

The Shaders would be independant of the Pixel pipelines?

ie, it would be akin to the Rampage chipset from 3dfx, where the T&L was supposed to be done on a separate chip(SAGE or LEGEND).
    Here it would be like two core's in one.

Also, to sustain this theory, the FSAA is akin to the 3dfx style, where some of it happens outside the frame buffer....

This could explain the drivers complexity, and the low benches at the beginning.

I can see the FX being a lot faster in the weeks to come.

Has anyone read about this independant pixelpipe/shader thing?

edit: sent before finished...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Re: Ge FX Core design...

Originally posted by Evildead666
    I
    Also, to sustain this theory, the FSAA is akin to the 3dfx style, where some of it happens outside the frame buffer....
    No, it's not similar to the 3dfx style, but seems to be exactly the same as it was with the GF4. The GF4 did most of the 2x AA outside the framebuffer and this is the same with the GF FX - in both cases only the quality-wise inferior 2x AA is done outside the framebuffer.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

I completely agree with Indiana's statement

Comment

Working...
      X