Matrox rt2500 MPEG2 to SVCD Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox rt2500 MPEG2 to SVCD Problem

Urgently require advice on making a VCD or S-VCD recordings from AVI files which are in the Matrox RT2500/Premiere format of separate AVI & WAV files.
    I do not find the Ligos 1.5 encoder very satisfactory for encoding. And TMPGenc is not happy with the separate Matrox RT2500/Premiere files for encoding.
    Which is the best route to take from the original AVI file to S-VCD or VCD.
    Would be grateful for any suggestions.

Merv Wilson
    Wilson Film services

SETUP: Self built computer with ASUS A7V333 m/board. Enlight tower case 300W
    p/s.
    4 in 1 Drivers Installed. Latency Patch V0.2 Installed
    CPU = Athlon 2100+ XP. 512Mb DDR PC2700
    IDE 1 Master - IBM Deskstar 82.3Gb 7200rpm - System Drive - DMA Enabled
    IDE 2 Slave - IBM Deskstar 41.1Gb 7200rpm - Video Drive - DMA Enabled
    Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-117 drive. Plextor CD-RW - PX-W4012A re-writer
    Matrox RT2500 in PCI slot - VIP Cable Connected to G550 Millennium 32Mb DDR
    AGP
    Matrox G550 Graphics Card - BIOS set to AGP 4X - AGP Aperture 256Mb
    Sound taken from m/board (C-Media). Windows XP Home
    PCI 2.1 Latency Compliant - Enabled in Bios - FSB = 133Mhz
    All drives formatted to NTFS. Matrox Media Tools - V3.1b.
    Merv

Ulead DVD Workshop will do it(its downloadable), but its expensive and the Trial does not include the 1.3 patch you need for separate audio and video files generated by the RT2500. Maybe one of the other authoring program Demos will work for you.

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try the DVD Workshop later on but I think I have solved the problem as I had a brainwave!.

I went back to Premiere, imported the saved 27mins AVI files. Being Matrox rt2500 format, there were three AVI files, each a little less than 2Gb. These were placed on the timeline. Next was the 27- minute WAV file also placed on the audio track under the three video files.

Following this, the WAV file was Cut at exactly the points where the the AVI butted against one another.
      Then I exported these three AVI/WAV as three separate AVI files. When these were saved they became single AVI files with the audio integrated.

These separate files were then encoded using TMPGenc 2.58 into three separate MPEG-2 (480x576 pixels) files which in turn, were then multiplexed/merged using the TMPG Merge/Cut facility.

The resultant MPEG-2 file can then be burnt as a S-VCD file (approx 550Mb) onto a single CD-R. Now plays perfectly on our DVD (stand-alone) player. Great quality too!
      I hope this helps anyone else who was having the same problem. Or can anyone else suggest a quicker solution.

Merv
      Merv

Comment

BBMPEG is a freeware app you can download from the 'net which is said to be a good MPEG2 encoder. You can get a version which is a Premiere plug-in or I think more accurately, the application can act as a plug-in after some small modification. This'll get you into S-VCD quite comfortably I should think but my experience is that it doesn't encode VCDs very well. For good MPEG1 VCDs you might consider buying the Premiere plug-in version of the Panasonic encoder.
        Last edited by Frank Marshall; 7 February 2003, 08:40.
        Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Working...
        X